[openstack-dev] [qa] [cinder] Do we now require schema response validation in tempest clients?

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Thu May 1 04:02:07 UTC 2014

Hi David,

> There have been a lot of patches that add the validation of response dicts.
> We need a policy on whether this is required or not. For example, this patch
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87438/5
>
> is for the equivalent of 'cinder service-list' and is a basically a copy of
> the nova test which now does the validation. So two questions:
>
> Is cinder going to do this kind of checking?
> If so, should new tests be required to do it on submission?

I'm not sure someone will add the similar validation, which we are adding to
Nova API tests, to Cinder API tests also. but it would be nice for Cinder and
Tempest. The validation can be applied to the other projects(Cinder, etc)
easily because the base framework is implemented in common rest client
of Tempest.

When adding new tests like https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87438 , I don't
have strong opinion for including the validation also. These schemas will be
large sometimes and the combination in the same patch would make reviews
difficult. In current Nova API test implementations, we are separating them
into different patches.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi