[openstack-dev] [dev-env] Error setting up dev environment on Mac OS X (10.9.2)

Robert Nettleton rnettleton at hortonworks.com
Mon Mar 31 16:18:38 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I’m trying to setup my dev environment on Mac OS X (10.9.2) with the latest Sahara code, using the following instructions:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/sahara/devref/development.environment.html

When I run the “Create database Schema” step, I see the following error:

"
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (OperationalError) near "DROP": syntax error u'ALTER TABLE job_executions DROP COLUMN java_opts' ()
“

Has anyone seen this problem?  If so, is there a workaround or setup step that I’m missing?

In a separate thread, Sergey mentioned that “gnu-getups” was required on Mac OS X for the dev env.  I’ve installed this package, but it does not resolve my problem.

thanks,
Bob
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE