[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Problem plugging I/F into Neutron...

Darragh O'Reilly dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 13:26:10 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,

tbh I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do overall. But from your script it seems to me that you are trying to create an OVS port so a libvirt instance outside of Nova control can use it. And you don't need the linux bridge for security group iptables.

AFAIK the tap must be created first using the ip command. Then when 'ovs-vsctl add-port' is called with the same name as the tap device for the port name, the tap device will be enslaved properly in the OVS bridge.

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/304df046eaaad6d64ee16898b1eaa76918e98878/nova/virt/libvirt/vif.py#L420-L423

Regards, Darragh.

Hi Darragh,