[openstack-dev] [RelMgt] PTL candidacy

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 31 10:19:06 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to announce my candidacy for the Release management Program
Technical Lead position.

The Release management program is composed of 3 subteams.

On the release cycle management front, during the Icehouse cycle we
successfully handled the additional load by switching to a new weekly
release meeting format and having 1:1s PTL sync points before the actual
meeting, to concentrate meeting time on cross-project issues. I think it
worked well and I would like to continue under the same format for Juno.

On the stable branch team front, moving from 13-month to 11-month
support period helped in keeping stable branches sane, and Alan and Adam
kept issuing point releases on schedule.

On the vulnerability management front, we expanded the team with two new
OSSA coordinators and managed to keep on top of incoming issues. We also
started work to clarify which repositories were covered by security
support and have clear contact points in each program for security response.

If elected at this position for the Juno cycle I intend to continue
these efforts. On the release cycle management side we'll have a new
integrated project (Sahara) and I'll work on spreading the load of the
release management role a bit further (a goal internally codenamed
"Project Vacation"). We'll try to maintain stable branch support
timeframes at their current levels. We'll work on Vulnerability
Management Team tooling, so that security patches are easier to produce
and test, and OSSAs are easier to review and publish.

Thanks for your consideration !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)