[openstack-dev] [Swift] Request's Round trip time

Hua ZZ Zhang zhuadl at cn.ibm.com
Mon Mar 31 09:55:23 UTC 2014

Sumit,

I'm working on profiling middleware and tools for Swift debugging on
performance issue.
This tool is powerful to get understanding how is code running at the
function level by collecting
metrics in statistical way. I think you maybe try this tool and see if you
can get RTT at proxy server side.
Remember to get the RTT information via query on the function __call__
of ./swift/proxy/server.py.
Here's the patch.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/53270/24

I'm also thinking of proposing another tool to trace the request process
path and tie the timing
information together in order to give you a full picture in hierarchical
way so that you can understand
how well each Swift server component behaves for a specific request.

Any feedback is welcomed.

-Edward Zhang

             Sumit Gaur
             <sumitkgaur at gmail
                                       "OpenStack Development Mailing List
             2014-03-31 下午           (not for usage questions)"
             01:52                     <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
                                                                        cc

                "OpenStack             [openstack-dev]  [Swift] Request's
                Development            Round trip time
               Mailing List
              \(not for usage
               questions\)"
             <openstack-dev at li
             sts.openstack.org

Hi
I want to see the Round Trip Time for swift request in proxy log. I am able
to see RTT for failures and timeouts and no RTT for normal requests. Do I
need to set and config param.
Thanks
OpenStack-dev mailing list
OpenStack-dev at lists.openstack.org