[openstack-dev] [horizon] horizon PyPi distribution missing

Timur Sufiev tsufiev at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 31 09:05:53 UTC 2014

Hello, Akihiro

Thanks for the advice (and sorry for not very timely response)! I've
added last stable/havana release to the test-requirements, and
received some new error from the Jenknins' side: [1]. At first I
thought that the problem is caused by the reverse order of settings
modules inclusion (and almost renounced the idea of change [2]), but
today read the code and traceback again and realized that this error
happens even before muranodashboard settings come into play! So now it
seems to me that there are some inherent problems with horizon package
installation with pip even if the source different from the PyPi is
used. Is that a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/25/68125/16/check/gate-murano-dashboard-python26/8ebc940/console.html.gz#_2014-03-24_11_08_50_923
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68125/

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a workaround you can use tarball in requirements.txt (or
> test-requirements.txt).
> Each versions of Horizon/openstack_dashboard is available at
> http://tarballs.openstack.org/horizon/.
> Each tarball is generated every time corresponding branch or tag is updated.
> If you would like to use horizon I-3 as a requirement, please add the
> following line to your requirements.txt:
>
> http://tarballs.openstack.org/horizon/horizon-2014.1.b3.tar.gz
>
> Thanks,
> Akihiro
>
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM, Paul Belanger
> <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:22 AM, Timur Sufiev <tsufiev at mirantis.com> wrote:
>>> It depends on openstack_dashboard, namely on
>>> openstack_dashboard.settings. So it is fine from Murano's point of
>>> view to have openstack_dashboard published on PyPi. Many thanks for
>>> considering my request :).
>>>
>> We are having this issue too, for now we have worked around it with
>> pip switches allowing to download from an external source, but
>> hopefully we'll get horizon and openstack_dashboard split out in the
>> near future.
>>
>> Like you, we've built a dashboard atop of horizon, mostly because of
>> the existing keystone integration.  Everything else we do is external
>> to OpenStack.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
>> Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)