[openstack-dev] PGP keysigning party for Juno summit in Atlanta?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Mar 30 23:52:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-30 09:05:51 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
[...]
> Now, having somebody else print the lists is fine as long as you
> have key owners look at your copy and verify the fingerprint on
> your list. This is _extremely_ inefficient compared to the
> Sassaman Efficient protocol, but it works o-k for small groups, as
> the person can verify your list while you're verifying their
> government ids, and you can do the same for them.
[...]

I completely agree, but I didn't have information disseminated far
enough in advance last time and had to punt by printing a stack
myself.

This was entirely my fault--the original idea was that for the
Icehouse summit we'd jump-start our WoT by trading signatures
between members of the Release Cycle Management and Infrastructure
programs, and then involve the wider development community during
the Juno summit. When requests to do something more formal sprang up
shortly beforehand, I ended up making a course correction with
little time for proper planning. We can, and will, do better!
--
Jeremy Stanley