[openstack-dev] Nominations for OpenStack PTLs (Program Technical Leads) are now open
anteaya at anteaya.info
Fri Mar 28 00:39:59 UTC 2014
Nominations for OpenStack PTLs (Program Technical Leads) are now open
and will remain open until 05:59 UTC, April 4, 2014.
To announce your candidacy please start a new openstack-dev at
lists.openstack.org mailing list thread with the program name as a tag,
example [Glance] PTL Candidacy with the body as your announcement of intent.
I'm sure the electorate would appreciate a bit of information about why
you would make a great PTL and the direction you would like to take the
program, though it is not required for eligibility.
In order to be an eligible candidate (and be allowed to vote) in a given
PTL election, you need to have contributed an accepted patch to one of
the corresponding program's projects during the Havana-Icehouse
timeframe (April 4, 2013 06:00 UTC to April 4, 2014 05:59 UTC).
We need to elect PTLs for 21 programs this round:
* Compute (Nova) - one position
* Object Storage (Swift) - one position
* Image Service (Glance) - one position
* Identity (Keystone) - one position
* Dashboard (Horizon) - one position
* Networking (Neutron) - one position
* Block Storage (Cinder) - one position
* Metering/Monitoring (Ceilometer) - one position
* Orchestration (Heat) - one position
* Database Service (Trove) - one position
* Bare metal (Ironic) - one position
* Common Libraries (Oslo) - one position
* Infrastructure - one position
* Documentation - one position
* Quality Assurance (QA) - one position
* Deployment (TripleO) - one position
* Devstack (DevStack) - one position
* Release cycle management - one position
* Queue service (Marconi) - one position
* Data Processing Service (Sahara) - one position
* Key Management Service (Barbican) - one position
Additional information about the nomination process can be found here:
As Tristan and I confirm candidates, we will reply to each email thread
with "confirmed" and add each candidate's name to the list of confirmed
candidates on the above wiki page.
Elections will begin on April 4, 2014 after 06:00 utc (as soon as we get
each election set up we will start it, it will probably be a staggered
start) and run until 1300 utc April 11, 2014.
The electorate is requested to confirm their email address in gerrit,
review.openstack.org > Settings > Contact Information > Preferred
Email, prior to April 4, 2014 05:59 UTC so that the emailed ballots are
mailed to the correct email address.
Anita Kuno (anteaya)
More information about the OpenStack-dev