[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Horizon] Searching for a new name for Tuskar UI

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 15:56:47 UTC 2014

Hi OpenStackers,

User interface which is managing the OpenStack Infrastructure is
currently named Tuskar-UI because of historical reasons. Tuskar itself
is a small service, which is giving logic into generating and managing
Heat templates and helps user to model and manage his deployment. The
user interface, which is the subject of this call, is based on TripleO
approach and resembles OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon) with the way of how
it consumes other services. The UI is consuming not just Tuskar API, but
also Ironic (nova-baremetal), Nova (flavors), Ceilometer, etc in order
to design, deploy, manage and monitor your OpenStack deployments.
Because of this I find the name Tuskar-UI improper (it's more closer to
say TripleO-UI) and I would like the community to help to find better
name for it. After brainstorming, we can start voting on the final
project's name.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-management-ui-names

Thanks
-- Jarda (jcoufal)