[openstack-dev] [nova][scheduler] Availability Zones and Host aggregates..

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Mar 27 13:18:12 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 05:03 AM, Khanh-Toan Tran wrote:

> Well, perhaps I didn't make it clearly enough. What I intended to say is
> that user should be able to select a set of AZs in his request, something
> like :
>
>      nova  boot   --flavor 2  --image ubuntu   --availability-zone
> Z1  --availability-zone AZ2  vm1

I think it would make more sense to make the availability-zone argument
take a comma-separated list of zones.

nova boot --flavor 2 --image ubuntu --availability-zone AZ1,AZ2 vm1

Just to clarify, in a case like this we're talking about using the
intersection of the two zones, right?  That's the only way that makes
sense when using orthogonal zones like "hosts with fast CPUs" and "hosts
with SSDs".

Chris