[openstack-dev] Add bootable option to cinder create command.

Hiroyuki Eguchi h-eguchi at az.jp.nec.com
Thu Mar 27 09:32:37 UTC 2014

A Bootable Status is set to "True" automatically when user create a volume from a image.

But user have to set bootable status manually under the following situations.

 1.When user create a empty volume and install os in volume like this.

 $ cinder create 10
 $ nova boot --image [image_uuid(iso format)] --flavor 1 \
   --block-device-mapping vdb=[volume_uuid]:10::0 ubuntu_vm

 2.When user create a bootable volume from instance.

  http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-compute/admin/content/instance-creation.html#d6e6679

So I'm envisioning to add bootable option like this.

 $ cinder create --bootable true 10

If you have any comments or suggestion, please let me know.
And please let me know if there's any discussion about this.

--thanks
--hiroyuki