[openstack-dev] [all] sample config files should be ignored in git...

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Mar 26 18:10:04 UTC 2014

This is an issue that affects all of our git repos. If you are using
oslo.config, you will likely also be using the sample config generator.

However, for some reason we are all checking this generated file in.
This makes no sense, as we humans are not editting it, and it often
picks up config files from other things like libraries (keystoneclient
in particular). This has lead to breakage in the gate a few times for
Heat, perhaps for others as well.

I move that we all rm this file from our git trees, and start generating
it as part of the install/dist process (I have no idea how to do
this..). This would require:

- rm sample files and add them to .gitignore in all trees
- Removing check_uptodate.sh from all trees/tox.ini's
- Generating file during dist/install process.

Does anyone disagree?