[openstack-dev] [nova] should there be an audit to clear the REBOOTING task_state?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Tue Mar 25 19:46:53 UTC 2014

I've reported a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1296967) where
we got stuck with a task_state of REBOOTING due to what seem to be RPC
issues.

Regardless of how we got there, currently there is no audit that will
clear the task_state if it gets stuck.  Because of this, once we got
into this state it required manual action to get out of it.

This doesn't seem like a good design...is there a way to do some sort of
audit to ensure that the task_state is actually valid?

Chris