[openstack-dev] [Murano][Heat][TC] MuranoPL questions?

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 17:47:00 UTC 2014

On 03/25/2014 09:55 AM, Ruslan Kamaldinov wrote:
> Murano folks,
>
> I guess we should stop our debates with the Heat team about MuranoPL. What
> we should do instead is to carefully read this thread couple of times and
> collect and process all the feedback we've got. Steve and Zane did a very good
> job helping us to find a way to align with Heat and Orhcestration program. Let
> me outline the most important (imho) quotes:
Ruslan,

+2!

The plan forward at the end of your email seem reasonable as well, but
Zane is probably in a bit better position to clarify if any suggested
changes would be recommended.

As a heat-core member, I would be supportive of ALM scope expansion
happening within the Orchestration program.  I also think from a
technical perspective ALM fits nicely within the scope of OpenStack.
Just to head off possible questions about ALM and Solum, I do not see
them as competitive.  I am only one voice among many, and think we need
some broad general agreement with heat-core and the TC that suggested
scope expansion makes sense and we won't get pushback 6-12 months down
the road.  Perhaps the TC may think it belongs in a new program.  I
honestly don't know.  I'm not quite sure how to get that conversation
started, so I added [TC] to the subject tags in an attempt to get the
ball rolling.

Regards,
-steve