[openstack-dev] [Nova] Updates to Juno blueprint review process

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 16:20:11 UTC 2014

On 03/24/2014 11:42 AM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 03/22/2014 03:14 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>> Honestly, I largely disagree. This is applying some process where there
>> clearly wasn't any before.
>
> We have a different perception evidently. I'm assuming you're
> exaggerating for the sake of clarity because assuming there was no
> process before means that the releases are basically randomly defined.
>
>> Storyboard remains vaporware. I will be enormously happy when it is not.
> [...]
>
> That's depressing to read. I'm again assuming you're using exaggerated
> words to paint a clearer picture.
>
> At this point I'd like to get a fair assessment of storyboard's status
> and timeline: it's clear that Launchpad blueprints need to be abandoned
> lightspeed fast and I (and others) have been sold the idea that
> Storyboard is a *thing* that will happen *soon*. I also was told that
> spec reviews are an integral part of Storyboard use case scenarios, not
> just defects.

Another critical point of clarification ... we are *not* moving out of
blueprints at all.  We're still using them for tracking, just as before.
 We are *adding* the use of gerrit for reviewing the design.

Prior to this, we had no tool to assist with doing the actual review of
the spec.  We used blueprint whiteboards, the mailing list, and
discussions in various other places.  We're *adding* the use of gerrit
as a centralized and organized place to do design reviews.

We will continue to use blueprints for tracking what we plan to go into
each release, as well as it's current status.

--
Russell Bryant