[openstack-dev] [horizon] admin deployement/maintenance commands.

Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis yves-gwenael.bourhis at cloudwatt.com
Mon Mar 24 11:07:13 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I drafted 2 blueprints (and pushed to patches) to allow administrators to:

    - deploy an apache configuration :
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/web-conf-generation-script

    - maintain the local_settings.py and migrate it easily with new
features (migration script) with horizon updates:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/settings-migration-script

Although I pushed 2 patches, I'm conscious they can be greatly improved.
The goal is to add management commands to ease the life of people who
deploy and maintain horizon servers.

Concerning the web deployment command, it also needs nginx, gunicorn and
uwsgi templates if we want to cover more deployment methods.

Concerning the migration command, I didn't find a satisfying "patch"
python implementation, the ones I found require either the
local_settings.py to be unchanged (which is of no use because for
migration purposes we want to apply a diff to a file which "changed"),
either are not easily installable via easy_install -Ur requirements.txt.

Let me know your thought on modifying/adding management commands
designed to help the people who deploy and maintain
a production server.

--
Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis