[openstack-dev] Preparing for 2013.2.3 -- branches freeze March 27th

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Mar 22 14:58:57 UTC 2014

On 03/22/2014 03:32 AM, Adam Gandelman wrote:
> Hi All-
>
> We'll be freezing the stable/havana branches for integrated projects this
> Thursday March 27th in preparation for the 2013.2.3 stable release on
> Thursday April 3rd.  You can view the current queue of proposed patches
> on gerrit [1].  I'd like to request all interested parties review current
> bugs affecting Havana and help ensure any relevant fixes be proposed
> soon and merged by Thursday, or notify the stable-maint team of
> anything critical that may land late.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:stable/havana,n,z

Hi,

There's indeed 2 bugs which I would very much like to be fixed.

The first one would be the backport of oauth2 to oauthlib in Keystone,
which is IMO critical for security reasons:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/70750/

It is my view that core reviewers should have paid more attention to
this backport, and that it shouldn't have taken that long... :/

Note that I currently embed a Debian specific patch in the package, but
I really would love to get rid of it, and use something that has gone
through the review process.

The 2nd one would be the removal of minified Javascript in Horizon:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/67096/

I'm not sure that 2nd one has been backported yet, though it is
important that it lands into the stable release, because otherwise that
makes Horizon non-free. Therefore, I just created a patch for the
stable/havana branch over here:

https://review.openstack.org/82298

I'd really like to have it included in the next stable release of
Horizon. I don't think this one is hard to deal with, and I hope it will
go through even with the lack of time.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: I'm not registered to the openstack-stable-maint list.