[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-dev][NOVA][VCDriver][live-migration] VCDriver live migration problem

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 05:18:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

Currently we cannot do live migration with VCDriver in nova, live migration
is really an important feature, so any plan to fix this?

I noticed that there is already bug tracing this but seems no progress
since last year's November: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1192192

Here just bring this problem up to see if there are any plan to fix this.
After some investigation, I think that this might deserve to be a blueprint
but not a bug.

We may need to resolve issues for the following cases:
1) How to live migration with only one nova compute? (one nova compute can
manage multiple clusters and there can be multi hosts in one cluster)
2) Support live migration between clusters
3) Support live migration between resource pools
4) Support live migration between hosts
5) Support live migration between cluster and host
6) Support live migration between cluster and resource pool
7) Support live migration between resource pool and host
8) Might be more cases.....

Please show your comments if any and correct me if anything is not correct.

Jay