[openstack-dev] [Nova] Updates to Juno blueprint review process

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Fri Mar 21 19:16:05 UTC 2014

I am a strong advocate of the Blueprint-on-Blueprints process we discussed in the operator mini-summit so that experienced cloud administrators can give input before lots of code is written (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/operators-feedback-mar14) but we need to be aware that these people with real life experience of the impact of changes on production clouds may not be working with gerrit day-to-day.

There has been some excellent work by the documentation team in the past year to make it easy for new contributors to work on improvements to the documentation which also helps to introduce the tools/processes to the novices.

Can we find a way to keep the bar low for the review of blueprints while at the same time making sure we engage the full community spectrum in the future direction of OpenStack ?

Tim