[openstack-dev] [Nova] Updates to Juno blueprint review process

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri Mar 21 18:55:05 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 03:50 PM, Jay Lau wrote:
> It is better that we can have some diagram workflow just like
> Gerrit_Workflow <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow> to
> show the new process.

Indeed, I think it would help.

While I'm here, and for the records, I think that creating a new
workflow 'temporarily' only until we have Storyboard usable, is a *huge*
mistake. It seems to me that you're ignoring or at least underestimating
the amount of *people* that will need to be retrained, the amount of
documentation that need to be fixed/adjusted. And the confusion that
this will create on the 'long tail' developers.

A change like this, done with a couple of announcements on a mailing
list and a few mentions on IRC is not enough to steer the ~400
developers who may be affected by this change. And then we'll have to
manage the change again when we switch to Storyboard. If I were you, I'd
focus on getting storyboard ready to use asap, instead.

There, I said it, and I'm now going back to my cave.

.stef