[openstack-dev] [neutron][rootwrap] Performance considerations, sudo?

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Thu Mar 20 16:23:09 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 09:07 AM, Yuriy Taraday wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com
> <mailto:rick.jones2 at hp.com>> wrote:
>     Interesting result.  Which versions of sudo and ip and with how many
>     interfaces on the system?
>

> Here are the numbers:
>
> % sudo -V
> Sudo version 1.8.6p7
> Sudoers policy plugin version 1.8.6p7
> Sudoers file grammar version 42
> Sudoers I/O plugin version 1.8.6p7
> % ip -V
> ip utility, iproute2-ss130221
> % ip a | grep '^[^ ]' | wc -l
> 5
>
>     For consistency's sake (however foolish it may be) and purposes of
>     others being able to reproduce results and all that, stating the
>     number of interfaces on the system and versions and such would be a
>     Good Thing.
>

> Ok, I'll add them to benchmark output.

Since there are only five interfaces on the system, it likely doesn't
make much of a difference in your specific benchmark but the
top-of-trunk version of sudo has the fix/enhancement to allow one to
tell it via sudo.conf to not grab the list of interfaces on the system.

Might be worthwhile though to take the interface count out to 2000 or
more in the name of doing things at scale.  Namespace count as well.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones