[openstack-dev] [legal-discuss] [Marconi] Why is marconi a queue implementation vs a provisioning API?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Mar 20 03:37:25 UTC 2014

Ianal, but I know there are some lawyers out there who are concerned that the mechanism of attachment is vague. If there is an issue (I'm not saying there is) I don't think mongodb's view is relevant, as they are quite likely to be bought by someone, say Oracle, who might not share and would not be bound by that opinion.

That said, I don't think a mongo driver is an issue, as long as it's not the only driver... That way deployers can make an agpl call on their own. We've had mongo driver for ceilometer for a while.