[openstack-dev] [neutron][rootwrap] Performance considerations, sudo?

Miguel Angel Ajo majopela at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 16:25:19 UTC 2014

An advance on the changes that it's requiring to have a
py->c++ compiled rootwrap as a mitigation POC for havana/icehouse.

https://github.com/mangelajo/shedskin.rootwrap/commit/e4167a6491dfbc71e2d0f6e28ba93bc8a1dd66c0

The current translation output is included.

It looks like doable (almost killed 80% of the translation problems),
but there are two big stones:

1) As Joe said, no support for Subprocess (we're interested in popen),
    I'm using a dummy os.system() for the test.

2) No logging support.

    I'm not sure on how complicated could be getting those modules
implemented for shedkin.