[openstack-dev] [QA] Bug Day kickoff

Mauro S M Rodrigues maurosr at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 19 12:19:22 UTC 2014

Morning QA Team,

I hope everybody can help on this effort so we can release icehouse with
less bugs as possible.

So this morning, March, 19th, 12:00 UTC the current tempest's bug picture is

Current picture of Tempest's bugs:
  * 166 Open Bugs https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bugs
    - 17 classified as wishlist
    - 8 marked as fix committed, *should we wait for Icehouse to mark it
as Released?* (or if we're doing it right now can we adopt this policy
for ever?)

*Now our focus are the 142 left (http://bit.ly/1iAMbBA)*
    - 62 to triage and prioritize, some of them already have assignee,
http://bit.ly/1cXhPcF (this includes incomplete ones that were answered).
    - 29 to prioritize  http://bit.ly/1dcL9MO
    - 51 of them In Progress http://bit.ly/1hzsjfH ordered by the ones
with less activity, which we need to reach the current assignees and see
the current status (and maybe assign someone else to take care of it).
    - 4 are incomplete without answer and we may try to reach the
reporter to get an update.

Some actions, from the first email:

On 03/12/2014 09:31 PM, Mauro S M Rodrigues wrote:
> == Actions ==
> Basically I'm proposing the follow actions for the QA Bug Day, nothing
> much new here:
>
> 1st - Triage those 48 bugs in [1], this includes:
>     * Prioritize it;
>     * Mark any duplications;
>     * Add tags and any other project that can be related to the bug so
> we can have the right eyes on it;
>     * Some cool extra stuff: comments with any suggestions, links to
> logstash queries so we can have the real dimension of how critic the
> bug in question is;
>
> 2nd - Assign yourself to some of the unassigned bugs if possible so we
> can squash it eventually.
>
> 3rd - Dedicate some time to review the 51 In Progress bugs  AND/OR be
> in touch with the current assignee in case the bug hadn't recent
> activity so we can put it back into triage steps.

Thanks,

mauro(sr)