[openstack-dev] [nova] question about e41fb84 "fix anti-affinity race condition on boot"

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:30:06 UTC 2014

There is a global concern here about how an holistic scheduler can perform
decisions, and from which key metrics.
The current effort is leading to having the Gantt DB updated thanks to
resource tracker for scheduling appropriately the hosts.

If we consider these metrics as not enough, ie. that Gantt should perform
an active check to another project, that's something which needs to be
considered carefully. IMHO, on that case, Gantt should only access metrics
thanks to the project REST API (and python client) in order to make sure
that rolling upgrades could happen.
tl;dr: If Gantt requires accessing Nova data, it should request Nova REST
API, and not perform database access directly (even thru the conductor)

-Sylvain