[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] [QA] Slow Ceilometer resource_list CLI command

Gordon Chung chungg at ca.ibm.com
Mon Mar 17 19:10:35 UTC 2014

hi Matt,

> test_ceilometer_resource_list which just calls ceilometer
> resource_list from the
> CLI once is taking >=2 min to respond. For example:
> http://logs.openstack.org/68/80168/3/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-
> postgres-full/07ab7f5/logs/tempest.txt.gz#_2014-03-17_17_08_25_003
> (where it takes > 3min)

thanks for bringing this up... we're tracking this here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1264434

i've put a patch out that partially fixes the issue. from bad to
average... but i guess i should make the fix a bit more aggressive to
bring the performance in line with the 'seconds' expectation.

cheers,
gordon chung
openstack, ibm software standards