[openstack-dev] [nova] RFC - using Gerrit for Nova Blueprint review & approval

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 17 13:41:50 UTC 2014

Sean Dague wrote:
> I want StoryBoard more than anyone else. However future Puppies and
> Unicorns don't fix real problems right now. With the tools already at
> our disposal, just using them a different way, I think we can fix some
> real problems. I think, more importantly, we're going to discover a
> whole new class of problems because we're not blocked on launchpad.

FWIW this model is not incompatible with StoryBoard at all. A feature
"story" in StoryBoard can definitely have, as its first task, a "spec"
task that points to a review in the nova-specs repository. When that
task is completed (i.e. the change to nova-specs is merged), you should
add additional tasks to that feature story, corresponding to implementation.

That keeps the approval workflows in Gerrit (be it at design or
implementation level) and uses StoryBoard to link all the things
together (which is its main feature).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)