[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator update.py

Jay S Bryant jsbryant at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 14 19:36:49 UTC 2014

From:   Brant Knudson <blk at acm.org>
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>,
Date:   03/14/2014 02:21 PM
Subject:        Re: [openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator
update.py

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Jay S Bryant <jsbryant at us.ibm.com> wrote:

It would be great if we could get the process for this automated.  In the
mean time, those of us doing the syncs will just have to slog through the
process.

Jay

What's the process? How do I generate the list of changes?

Brant

Brant,

My process thus far has been the following:

Do the sync to see what files are changed.
Take a look at the last commit sync'd to what is currently in master for a
file.
Document all the commits that have come in on that file since.
Repeat process for all the relevant files if there is more than one.
If are multiples files I organize the commits with a list of the files
touched by that commit.
Document the master level of Oslo when the sync was done for reference.

Process may not be perfect, but it gets the job done.  Here is an example
of the format I use:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75740/

Jay