[openstack-dev] [I18n][Horizon] I18n compliance test & string freeze exception

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:41:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

I noticed that the criteria proposed is still ambiguous during reviews.
Currently Horizon team deal with mini features as bugs in the
beginning of RC cycle,
and they usually include a few string changes from the nature of Horizon.
The project policy that we accept mini features as bugs needs to match
the policy of string freeze. Otherwise as a result such patches will
be deferred.

It is a balance of when the translation deadline is and how many new
strings are added
(in my experience around 5 string addition/changes).
IMO as long as mini features land in early RC cycle adding a few WORDS
can be accepted.
My proposal is that we have a deadline for merges of mini features
with string updates.
The deadline in my mind is the first two weeks after feature freeze Tuesday.

Thought?

Akihiro