[openstack-dev] OpenStack vs. SQLA 0.9

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Mar 14 02:41:51 UTC 2014

On 03/14/2014 02:06 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 03/13/2014 12:31 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> On 03/12/2014 07:07 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
>>> Because of where we are in the freeze, I think this should wait until
>>> Juno opens to fix. Icehouse will only be compatible with SQLA 0.8, which
>>> I think is fine. I expect the rest of the issues can be addressed during
>>> Juno 1.
>>>
>>> 	-Sean
>>
>> Sean,
>>
>> No, it's not fine for me. I'd like things to be fixed so we can move
>> forward. Debian Sid has SQLA 0.9, and Jessie (the next Debian stable)
>> will be released SQLA 0.9 and with Icehouse, not Juno.
>
> We're past freeze, and this requires deep changes in Nova DB to work. So
> it's not going to happen. Nova provably does not work with SQLA 0.9, as
> seen in Tempest tests.
>
> 	-Sean

I'd be nice if we considered more the fact that OpenStack, at some
point, gets deployed on top of distributions... :/

Anyway, if we can't do it because of the freeze, then I will have to
carry the patch in the Debian package. Never the less, someone will have
to work and fix it. If you know how to help, it'd be very nice if you
proposed a patch, even if we don't accept it before Juno opens.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)