[openstack-dev] any recommendations for live debugging of openstack services?

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 15:11:00 UTC 2014

Well, for a non-interactive view of things, you can use the openstack.common.report functionality.  It's currently integrated into Nova, and I believe that the other projects are working to get it integrated as well.  To use it, you just send a SIGUSR1 to any Nova process, and a report of the current stack traces of threads and green threads, as well as the current configuration options, will be dumped.

It doesn't look like exactly what you want, but I figured it might be useful to you anyway.

Best Regards,
Solly Ross