[openstack-dev] [infra] Link from bug creation page to the actual list of bug tags?

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 03:53:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I see that the LaunchPad page for creating a bug has this helpful-looking
> question mark next to the field for tags.  It looks like this:
>

> When I click on that question mark, I get the pop-up shown below --- which
> seems like it is written for a different context but at least gives a clue
> about what is going on.  But what I really need to know at this point is
> the particular tags that are recommended.  Those are in the wiki, at
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bug_Tags
>
> Currently I have to use an independent browser window to navigate there; I
> usually start with a Google search for "Openstack bug tags".  Couldn't the
> LaunchPad form give a direct link there?

The ? pop up is basic help for what tags are. Launchpad is an externally
hosted service, and we cannot update the basic help for features in
launchpad. You can see the tag list in launchpad on the main bug page for a
project (eg https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova) on the right hand side.

You could talk to upstream launchpad and see what they think about making
some of the help messages more configurable or advertising the official
list of tags more explicitly on the bug search/submission page. Seems like
a reasonable thing to have a list of official tags there.

Clark