[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Actions design BP

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Mar 13 01:54:57 UTC 2014

So taskflow has tasks, which seems comparable to actions?

I guess I should get tired of asking but why recreate the same stuff ;)

The questions listed:

- Does action need to have revert() method along with run() method?
- How does action expose errors occurring during it's work?

- In what form does action return a result?

And more @ https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/Blueprints/ActionsDesign

And quite a few others that haven't been mentioned (how does a action
retry? How does a action report partial progress? What's the
intertask/state persistence mechanism?) have been worked on by the
taskflow team for a while now...

https://github.com/openstack/taskflow/blob/master/taskflow/task.py#L31
(and others...)

Anyways, I know mistral is still POC/pilot/prototype... but seems like
more duplicate worked that could just be avoided ;)

-Josh