[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] mongodb notification driver

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Mar 12 17:28:04 UTC 2014

You may want to consider StackTach for troubleshooting (that's what it was initially created for)

https://github.com/rackerlabs/stacktach

It will consume and record the events as well as give you a gui and cmdline tools for tracing calls by server, request_id, event type, etc.

Ping me if you have any issues getting it going.

Cheers
-S

From: Hiroyuki Eguchi [h-eguchi at az.jp.nec.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:09 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] mongodb notification driver

I'm envisioning a mongodb notification driver.

Currently, For troubleshooting, I'm using a log driver of notification, and sent notification log to rsyslog server, and store log in database using rsyslog-mysql package.

I would like to make it more simple, So I came up with this feature.

Ceilometer can manage notifications using mongodb, but Ceilometer should have the role of Metering, not Troubleshooting.

If you have any comments or suggestion, please let me know.
And please let me know if there's any discussion about this.

Thanks.
--hiroyuki