[openstack-dev] [nova] Conductor support for networking in Icehouse

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Mar 12 16:27:48 UTC 2014

> Hmm... I guess the blueprint summary led me to believe that nova-network
> no longer needs to hit the database.

Yeah, using objects doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the direct
database accesses go away. However, I quickly cooked up the rest of what
is required to get this done:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bug/1290568,n,z

Review would be great. The last patch wedges the database like we do in
compute to make sure that the tests pass without talking to the database
itself. Would be a nice feature for icehouse to say that multihost
compute nodes are now db-clean.

Thanks!

--Dan