[openstack-dev] Climate Incubation Application

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 15:46:38 UTC 2014

On 03/12/2014 07:35 AM, Dina Belova wrote:
> Thanks TC for spending time on Blazar (ex. Climate, in process of
> renaming) discussion!
>
> It was decided that potentially reservation idea is interesting for OS
> and it'll be great to have cross-project session on ongoing Atlanta
> Summit and discuss future of reservation/scheduling management in OpenStack.
>
> Here is link to cross-project session proposal:
>
> http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/45
>
> Thanks everyone and let's keep working on that idea.

Yes, I do think it would be useful to discuss this in person.  However,
I don't think that was the most important feedback from the TC meeting.

The biggest concern seemed to be that we weren't sure whether Climate
makes sense as an independent project or not.  We think it may make more
sense to integrate what Climate does today into Nova directly.  More
generally, we think reservations of resources may best belong in the
APIs responsible for managing those resources, similar to how quota
management for resources lives in the resource APIs.

There is some expectation that this type of functionality will extend
beyond Nova, but for that we could look at creating a shared library of
code to ease implementing this sort of thing in each API that needs it.

--
Russell Bryant