[openstack-dev] [Openstack][Nova][Docker] Devstack with docker driver

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 12 12:02:01 UTC 2014

On 03/12/2014 07:36 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Note that devstack is going to break for docker and Nova master right
> now.  We're in the middle of moving the docker driver.  In the meantime,
> use a rev of Nova before this merge:
>
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79740/
>
> Once the following change for the new repo merges, we can update
> devstack to reflect the new location:
>
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79900/
>
> If you really want to use HEAD of Nova master in the meantime, you can
> install the docker driver from here:
>
>     https://github.com/russellb/nova-docker
>
> Then configure nova.conf with:
>
>     compute_driver=novadocker.virt.docker.driver.DockerDriver

Honestly, I expect that removing the driver from Nova means we remove it
from devstack. Devstack really tries to minimize being some random
assembly tool for things out of tree. If the driver isn't good enough
for Nova, I don't see why we'd be encouraging people to use it in devstack.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America