[openstack-dev] [Glance] Need to revert "Don't enable all stores by default"

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Mar 11 23:25:03 UTC 2014

Hi. I asked in #openstack-glance a few times today but got no response,
so sorry for the list spam.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79710/

This change introduces a backward incompatible change to defaults with
Havana. If a user has chosen to configure swift, but did not add swift
to the known_stores, then when that user upgrades Glance, Glance will
fail to start because their swift configuration will be invalid.

This broke TripleO btw, which tries hard to use default configurations.

Also I am not really sure why this approach was taken. If a user has
explicitly put swift configuration options in their config file, why
not just load swift store? Oslo.config will help here in that you can
just add all of the config options but not actually expect them to be
set. It seems entirely backwards to just fail in this case.