[openstack-dev] Taskflow remote worker model ftw!

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Mar 10 22:31:16 UTC 2014

No dependency on celery,

Currently it's not using oslo.messaging yet since oslo.messaging is still
dependent on py2.6,py2.7 (it also wasn't released to pypi when this work
started). Taskflow is trying to retain py3.3 compatibility (as all new
libraries should) so bringing oslo.messaging[1] in at the current time
would reduce what taskflow can run with to py2.6,py2.7.

Of course this is getting better as we speak (and afaik is a
work-in-progress to fix this). As oslo.messaging matures I'm all for using
it (and depreciating the work here done with kombu). Until then, we can
think of making the backend more pluggable then it already is (having a
kombu supported one and a oslo.messaging supported one) if we need to
(hopefully the oslo.messaging py3.3 work should finish quickly?).

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3#Dependencies

-Josh