[openstack-dev] Update on FreeBSD Hypervisor (Bhyve)?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 11:29:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:16:58PM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> Wasn't the conclusion last time that it would be best to add bhyve support
> to libvirt?

Yes, and the recent libvirt 1.2.2 release included a first prototype
for BHyve driver support thanks to a lot of hard work by FreeBSD
developer Roman Bogorodskiy, who is now an official libvirt maintainer.
We're not calling it production ready, as it hasn't had any serious
realworld usage yet, and it is probably missing features that OpenStack
needs, but work is actively progressing so watch this space....

> On 10/03/2014 6:09 PM, "Robert Norton" <rnorton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm curious to see if any progress has been made on supporting FreeBSD
> > and/or the bhyve hypervisor? I haven't seen any updates on this on the
> > listserv, and most online postings are a few months older. Is there
> > anything that can be done to aide development?

If people are interested in helping out with dev / testing work of
libvirt BHyve/FreeBSD, we'd welcome more contributors to libvirt....

Regards,
Daniel