[openstack-dev] Travel Support Program validation date vs. early-bird deadline

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 17:34:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

Sorry for sending it to openstack-dev@ directly but most of the Travel
committee is actively following this mailing-list. Travel committee, feel
free to follow to your internal mailing-list [1]

I applied for the Travel Support Pogram, but I just noticed that
notifications of grantees will come on March 24th as per the Wiki page.
That's a bit conflicting with the early-bird deadline for registrations at
the Summit, which is targeted 2 days before the Travel Support Program
(March 22th).

As I only requested for hotel+travel support, I was supposed to use my ATC
badge for the registration, *but* it is clearly explained that the coupon
code is only valid until March 21...

So, there are 2 options for me :
1. Register for the summit *BEFORE* being notified of the result of my
application, and if not validated, cancel the registration
2. Wait for the result and then pay 600 USD for the registration (and
forget my ATC badge)

Of course, I'll choose option 1, but I'm just wondering why it's
conflicting. Maybe a miss ?

Thanks,
-Sylvain

[1]