[openstack-dev] [nova] RFC - using Gerrit for Nova Blueprint review & approval

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 15:47:59 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> I think this is really worthwhile to try -- and it might offer an
> interesting, readable history of decisions made. Plus how funny it was also
> brought up at the Ops Summit. Convergence, cool.
>
> It also goes along with our hope to move API design docs into the repo.
>
> Other projects up to try it? The only possible addition is that we might
> need to work out is cross-project blueprints and which repo should those
> live in? We're doing well on integration, be careful about siloing.
>
> Anne

TBH tracking cross-project blueprint impact is a problem *today*, typically we end up with either only one of the involved projects having a blueprint for the feature or all of them having one (if you are lucky they might at least link to the same design on the wiki but often not ;)). I am hoping that is something that can ultimately be addressed in storyboard but am unsure of how we would resolve that as part of this proposal, unless instead you had a central blueprint repository and used a tag in the review to indicate which projects are impacted/involved?

Thanks,

Steve