[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] FFE Request: monitoring-network-from-opendaylight

Yuuichi Fujioka fujioka-yuuichi at zx.mxh.nes.nec.co.jp
Fri Mar 7 04:47:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

We would like to request FFE for monitoring-network-from-opendaylight.[1][2]
Unfortunately, it was not merged by Icehouse-3.

This is the first driver of the bp/monitoring-network.(It was merged)[3]
We strongly believe this feature will enhance ceilometer's value.

Because many people are interested in the SDN, and the OpenDaylight is one of the Open Source SDN Controllers.
Collected information from the OpenDaylight will make something of value. E.g. optimization of the resource location, testing route of the virtual network and physical network and etc.

And this feature is one of the plugins and doesn't change core logic.
We feel it is low risk.

Thus we would like to merge the BP on Icehouse.

Thanks.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63890/
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/monitoring-network-from-opendaylight
[3] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/monitoring-network