[openstack-dev] [savanna] Feature Freeze and end of the I cycle

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 6 22:00:45 UTC 2014

Hi Savanna folks,

Feature Freeze (FF) for Savanna is now in effect. Feature Freeze
Exceptions (FFE) allowed and could be approved by me as the PTL. So,
for now there are several things that we could land till the RC1:

* project rename;
* unit / integration tests addition;
* docs addition / improvement;
* fixes / improvements for Hadoop 2 support in all three plugins -
Vanilla, HDP and IDH due to the fact that this changes are
self-contained, it doesn't include any refactoring of code outside of
the plugins.

Re plans for the end of cycle - we should rename our project till the
first RC. Here is schedule -
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Icehouse_Release_Schedule. Due to the
some potential issues with renaming, we'll probably postpone first RC
for one week.

P.S. Note for the savanna-core team: please, don't approve changes
that aren't fits FFE'd features.
P.P.S. There is an awesome explanation of why and how we're FF -
http://fnords.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/why-we-do-feature-freeze/.

Thanks.

--
Sincerely yours,