[openstack-dev] [Nova] Tox issues on a clean environment

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Thu Mar 6 16:59:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 08:14 -0800, Gary Kotton wrote:
> File "/home/gk-dev/nova/.tox/py27/build/cffi/setup.py", line 94, in
> <module>
>

>     from setuptools import setup, Feature, Extension
>

> ImportError: cannot import name Feature

Apparently, quite recently, a new version of setuptools was released
that eliminated the Feature class.  From what I understand, the class
has been deprecated for quite a while, but the removal still seems to
have taken some consumers by surprise; we discovered it when a package
that uses MarkupSafe failed tests with the same error today.  We may
have to consider a short-term pin to the version of setuptools (if
that's even possible) on projects that encounter the problem…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace