[openstack-dev] [oslo-incubator] removal of slave_connection from db.sqlalchemy.session

Victor Sergeyev vsergeyev at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 5 17:43:04 UTC 2014

Hello All.

We suppose to have common database code oslo.db library. So we decided to
let end applications to cope with engines, not oslo.db. For example, see
work with slave engine in Nova [1]. These is also patch to oslo with more
details - [2]

Also, Darren, please inform us about your usecase a bit.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py#L95
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68684/