[openstack-dev] pep8 gating fails due to tools/config/check_uptodate.sh

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:16:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:53 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04 2014, Joe Gordon wrote:
>
>> So since tools/config/check_uptodate.sh is oslo code, I assumed this
>> issue falls into the domain of oslo-incubator.
>>
>> Until this gets resolved nova is considering
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/78028/
>
> Removing tools/config/oslo.config.generator.rc would have a been a
> better trade-off I think.

Perhaps, although the previous consensus in this thread seemed to be
we generally don't want to include auto-generated files like config
sample in git. Removing the check all together also solves the case
where a patch in trunk adds a new config option and causes all
subsequent patches in that repo to fail.