[openstack-dev] [cinder] Blueprint cinder-rbd-driver-qos

git harry git-harry at live.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 15:24:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/cinder-rbd-driver-qos

I've been looking at this blueprint with a view to contributing on it, assuming I can take it. I am unclear as to whether or not it is still valid. I can see that it was registered around a year ago and it appears the functionality is essentially already supported by using multiple backends.

Looking at the existing drivers that have qos support it appears IOPS etc are available for control/customisation. As I understand it  Ceph has no qos type control built-in and creating pools using different hardware is as granular as it gets. The two don't quite seem comparable to me so I was hoping to get some feedback, as to whether or not this is still useful/appropriate, before attempting to do any work.

Thanks,
git-harry