[openstack-dev] LVM ephemeral storage encryption

Dan Genin daniel.genin at jhuapl.edu
Tue Mar 4 21:44:59 UTC 2014

Hello Joe,

Sorry to be bugging on what is probably a very busy day for you, but it
being the feature freeze and all, I just wanted to ask if there was any
chance of the LVM ephemeral storage encryption patch
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40467/>, that you -1'ed today, making
it into Icehouse. The patch has received a lot of attention and has gone
through numerous revisions. It is a pretty solid piece of code at this
point.

Regarding your point about the lack of a trunk keymanager capable of
providing different keys for encryption, you are, of course, correct.
However, this situation is rapidly evolving and I believe that Barbican
keymanager may achieve incubation status by the next release.

Thank you for your input and suggestions.
Best regards,
Dan