[openstack-dev] WARNING: ... This application has not enabled MySQL traditional mode, which means silent data corruption may occur - real issue?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Mar 4 18:51:17 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 01:27 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:
> This warning should be gone by default once
> https://github.com/openstack/oslo-incubator/commit/dda24eb4a815914c29e801ad0176630786db8734
> gets synced.  I believe there is work underway by the db team to get
> that done.
>
> Note that the reason it will be gone is that we're changing the default
> oslo db mode to traditional, so if we have any code that would have
> triggered silent data corruption it's now going to be not so silent.
>
> -Ben

Ok, but we're at the i3 freeze. So is there a db patch set up for every
service to sync that, and FFE ready to let this land?

Because otherwise I'm very afraid this is going to get trapped as 1/2
implemented, which would be terrible for the release.

So basically, who is driving these patches out to the projects?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America